Friday, April 15, 2011

DaShawn Suber staying at St. Pat's


Within the last month, St. Patrick's High School in Elizabeth, New Jersey has lost two important parts to their basketball program. First they lost in the State championship to rival St. Anthony's and then they lost their head coach, Kevin Boyle.

One thing they will not lose however is junior point guard, DaShawn Suber, who told me he will return to the Celtics for his senior campaign.

The former Rice(Manhatten) Raider transferred to St. Patrick's before his junior season does not expect to transfer before his senior year too.

Suber currently is considering Arizona, Georgetown, UNLV, West Virginia, Florida, Quinnipiac, Gardner Webb. He plans to go to the Florida and West Virginia Elite Camps and he will possibly visit Georgetown in two weeks.

"Hopefully in another year you would see me in a big time college" says Suber.

DaShawn is willing to improve and that is possibly something in his near future.

Additional Questions with DaShawn
How did Coach Boyle tell you guys he was leaving?
Last week he told us that there will be changes in next years season and then last Thursday he told us that he will be going to Monteverde Academy and that it was a better situation for him and his family.

How did you and your teammates respond to that news?
Some people were shocked but we talked about it and worked things out.

With Lon Kruger leaving UNLV are you still considering them?
Yeah, because I only met him I think one time. I have to go down and see the school first.

How would you describe yourself as a player?
Well I'm fast, have a very high basketball I.Q, can shoot the ball, and can go right.

Is there any player you would want to play with in college?
In high school I'd like to play with Kyle Anderson and Tony Parker and in college I would say Jimmer Fredette because I'm a point guard who can set my shooters up.

Why did you originally transfer from Rice to St. Pat's?
It's a smaller school. I like the environment of it and it has a big time basketball schedule.

What are your goals for next season?
One of my goals is to win the National Championship, we were close this year.

What camps will you be attending this summer?
Pangos All American Camp in San Diego and Hoop Group. Hopefully if everything works out I will be attending the Deron Williams Point Guard Academy.

What do you feel you have to improve?
I really want to work on my jump shot and to have a better understanding of the pick and roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment