Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Matt Painter to stay at Purdue


Matt Painter has turned down Missouri and will continue coaching the Purdue Boilermakers.

Painter decided to stay at his alma mater and has agreed to an eight-year contract through the 2018-19 season.

"I am extremely excited about continuing my career at Purdue," Painter said in a statement. "I believe we have built something very special. At the same time, I feel we have much more ahead of us to accomplish. At the end of the day, my heart is at Purdue, and this is a place where I want to win a national championship."

The 40-year-old Painter has been selected the Big Ten's coach of the year three times and led the Boilermakers to Sweet 16 appearances in 2009 and 2010. Purdue (26-8) made it to the third round of this year's NCAA tournament but was knocked out by Final Four participant Virginia Commonwealth.

No comments:

Post a Comment